When the World Overwhelms You, Remember This

Jesus said love everyone and that means YOU too. In a world with boundless noise and distractions telling you how you should live and the ways you need to adapt or change, there is only one voice that truly matters: God’s.

His guidance is the direction you should ultimately seek. His love is the approval and validation that endures. The world may offer flashy lights and thrills, but its offerings are short-lived and unsustainable. They are merely a facade that drains happiness as quickly as gambling drains a bank account, leaving you feeling empty and unfulfilled.

Being a young adult is hard. Many times, I have relied on the reassurances of others for validation. I’m not saying that’s inherently wrong, but when I worry so much about what others think of me, I lose sight of what God thinks, and it’s His approval that truly matters most.

It’s not that I changed who I am to align with the ways of the world, but that I let the external world matter so much to me that I sometimes neglected to remember and nourish my identity as a child of God, first and foremost.

I’m learning that loving myself as God loves me doesn’t require me to change who I am; it requires me to remember that the very root of my identity is my divine nature as a daughter of God. In His love, I never need fear I’m not enough. Because I am His child, I am always enough.

And when I’m feeling a little lost or unsure, I know I can find renewed purpose and joy through His gospel and seeking the peace that can only come through Jesus Christ. Have you felt this way before too? If so, take heart. You were saved for this time for a reason. You are among some of the best souls who have ever lived.

So, choose to live every day for God and make your foundation the gospel of His Son, Jesus Christ. Choose Him. Because He has and always will choose you.



Comments